Press "Enter" to skip to content

Franklin City Schools looks to replace old, ‘inefficient’ buildings with new ones in 2020 bond issue

WLWT |

Families in Franklin will vote in November on whether the current high school will be renovated and turned into the middle school and four more new buildings will be built to accommodate the other grades.

Superintendent Mike Sander says some of the buildings are 100 years old and the “newest” was built in the 60s.

They say inefficient and outdated systems are costing taxpayers. “We have over $2 million in roofing needs right now,” said Sander. But the repairs and new construction won’t come cheap.

The state is going to fund 57 percent of the project. Local taxpayers will have to make up the other 43 percent. That’s about $173 a year in property tax for a $100,000 home.